Being arrested and charged with a DUI can be a daunting experience for anyone. If you have recently been charged with a DUI in Omaha you may already realize how a conviction for DUI may result in many long-term negative consequences beyond those imposed by the court. While these additional consequences should be taken into consideration, you also need to know what judicial consequences you are facing if convicted.
At Petersen Law Office we represent people from all walks of life that have been charged with a DUI offense in the greater Omaha area including Douglas County, Cass County and Sarpy County, Nebraska. Our compassionate team understands what you are going through and we are committed to supporting you throughout the entire case. For a free initial consultation for your Omaha or Sarpy County, Nebraska DUI case contact the team today by calling 402-393-8080 or fill out our online contact form.
Non-Aggravated DUI Attorney in Omaha
If you have been charged with a “non-aggravated” DUI this means that your blood alcohol level, or BAC, was below 0.15 at the time you were operating the motor vehicle which led to your arrest. Nebraska Revised Statute 60-6,196 makes it a crime to operate a motor vehicle with a BAC level of 0.08 or above. Nebraska law also provides for an “aggravated” charge if your BAC level is 0.15 or above. Therefore, “non-aggravated” DUI simply means that the facts of your case did not warrant a charge of aggravated DUI.
What Are the Penalties for a Non-Aggravated DUI in Omaha?
If you are convicted of a non-aggravated DUI in Omaha you face the following penalties:
1st Non-Aggravated DUI Offense
- Charged as a class W misdemeanor
- Minimum of 7 days in jail
- Maximum of 60 days in jail
- $500 fine
- 6 month license suspension
- If you are given probation you will lose your license for 60 days, install an ignition interlock device, and pay a $400 fine
2nd Non-Aggravated DUI Offense
- Charged as a W misdemeanor
- Minimum jail time 30 days
- Maximum jail time 90 days
- Fine of $500
- Eighteen month license revocation
- Shall apply for ignition interlock after 45 days
- If you are given probation you will get an eighteen month license revocation with ignition interlock after 45 days, $500 fine and 10 days in jail or 240 hours of community service work.
3rd – 5th Non-Aggravated DUI Offense
- Charged as a W misdemeanor to a Class III felony
- Minimum jail time of 90 days
- Maximum jail time of 20 years
- 15 year license revocation
- If given probation you will have to serve anywhere from 30 – 180 days in jail, lose your license for a minimum of two years with application for an ignition interlock device in 45 days and a fine of $600-$1,000.
At Petersen Law Office we have dedicated out practice to helping individuals who have been charged with a DUI offense in Omaha, Douglas County, Cass County and Sarpy County, Nebraska. We promise to zealously defend your case as well as protect your rights throughout the prosecution of your DUI case. Contact the Omaha non-aggravated DUI attorney today by calling 402-393-8080 day or night or by filling out our online contact form for a free evaluation of your case.